Thursday, July 22, 2021

A List Poem for Poetry Friday.

  1. I love making lists in my notebooks!  Recently I made a list of the things that I love most about summer. So, when I began to think about posting for Poetry Friday, I thought of my lists in my notebook and got an idea for today’s poem.  I began to play with the words in my list and created this poem. It’s so much fun to read through my notebooks, play with the ideas, and create something new. Some of my writing has become collages and some has become other pieces of writing and poetry. I also added photos that I’ve taken this summer. I hope you enjoy!

    Seasonal Delights

    Garden in bloom
    Ice cream outings 
    Long days
    Warm nights
    Beach sojourns 
    Evening thunderstorms
    Porch sitting
    Morning swims
    Neighborhood walks 
    Iced tea conversations 
    Poolside picnics
    Homemade pickles 
    Popsicles dripping
    All day reading 
    Garage sale surprises 
    Antique adventures 
     Simple summer pleasures 














     




    Today’s Poetry Friday roundup is being hosted by Kat at Kat’s Whiskers.

    Click HERE to learn more about Poetry Friday. 








9 comments:

  1. So glad you linked back in with the Poetry Friday crew, Amy. Lovely to meet you here. Your summer memories are so different to my farm faves - though thunderstorms (not a fave, but rain is!) and ice-cream are for sure on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fun summer list! I was just having an iced tea conversation yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list poem and the photos... and that ICE CREAM CONE!!! Yes! I especially relate to evening thunderstorms as we have had some doozies lately. I plan an ice cream outing this weekend. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes. I have settled into the long summer days, stretched out for reading. Love the photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun way to celebrate summer activities! Love your list and the photos! Carol at The Apples in My Orchard on WordPress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I have long enjoyed list poems Amy. I enjoyed the poem and the listing of images. They added an extra dimension to the concept of listing. The seasonal sensations are well captured in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You captured so much of what is best about summer both in your poem and your photos! It will be great to come back to this list in February!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reminded of simple summer pressures with your poem. I enjoyed sinking into your photos, Amy. Join me in sharing an image poem of these pleasures that nurture your summer soul. I am creating a new gallery of artistic expressions. Next week, I will add more info but you can see what I mean by clicking on https://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2017/09/sunkissed-summer-gallery-unveiled.html. It is great meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, beautiful seasonal delights captured here in verse and photos. I love these today: "Popsicles dripping / All day reading" Some great memories popped up with those lines!

    ReplyDelete

Multicultural Children’s Book Day

Welcome to Multicultural Children's Book Day!  Below you will find my reviews for a picture book and a chapter book.  Happy Reading!   A...