Sunday, September 26, 2021

#IMWAYR My Bookish Life

What I've Been Reading

Last week, my husband, Mark and I traveled to Cobleskill, NY to visit family.  While there, we also located and visited some Little Free Libraries.  

This Little Free Library was well stocked with adult books. 
Photo by Amy Soto

This adorable Little Free Library matched the owner's home.  It was well stocked with mostly children's books!  Yay!
Photo by Amy Soto

My LFL haul.  
Photo by Amy Soto


One of the books I'm "reading with my ears."
Photo by Amy Soto

What I've Been Writing:

This past week, I've been drafting a few poems.  One of them is about autumn and all of the great things that are part of my favorite season.  

We had a beautiful, Saturday morning of apple picking. 
Photo by Amy Soto 

What I've Been Loving:

I am totally in love with my new Christian Robinson pillow from Target.

The pillow coordinates so well with my library card pillows.  
Photo by Amy Soto

What I've Been Learning:

While driving through the sweet, little town of Cherry Valley, NY, my husband, Mark and I discovered the wonderful, used bookstore named for the town.  Although we didn't have much time to spend in the store, I certainly found a lot of treasures!  I purchased an original copy of Charlotte's Web and The Little Princess, and a Mother Goose collection from 1943!  (I collect Mother Goose books, ephemera, and toys).  I love to learn about bookstores and little free libraries!     

An amazing used bookstore in Cherry Valley, NY.  
Photo by Amy Soto

My purchases from The Cherry Valley Bookstore.  
Photo by Amy Soto


Jen from  Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers are co-hosting the #IMWAYR blog hop.  Check out all the links to other blogs and see what great children's literature everyone is sharing; picture books, middle grade, and young adult.  


3 comments:

  1. It is fun to read of all your adventures! A volunteer at the used bookstore where I work brought in a lot of board books for us that she found at her own Little Free Libraries. I have seen the Target display for Christian Robinson but have not seen the pillow, will look again. It's darling! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillow from Target and what a cute little bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the Little Free Libraries. They're so cute and it's fun digging through their contents. One of my Children's Lit students made one for her course project and it's still going strong in our downtown area. Congrats on your treasured purchases! It's so exciting to find things so near and dear to our hearts. I hope you have a fantastic reading week, Amy!

    ReplyDelete

Multicultural Children’s Book Day

Welcome to Multicultural Children's Book Day!  Below you will find my reviews for a picture book and a chapter book.  Happy Reading!   A...